Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
Section: Ucchvasa: Prarthana Lalasmayi Song 8
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakur
krpa koro vaisnava thakura, sambandha janiya
bhajite bhajite, abhimana hau dura
‘ami to vaisnava’, e buddhi hoile, amani na ho’bo ami
pratisthasa asi’, hrdoya dusibe, hoibo niraya-gami
tomara kinkora, apane janibo, ‘guru’-abhimana tyaji’
tomara ucchistha, pada-jala-renu, sada niskapate bhaji
‘nije srestha’ jani, ucchistthadi dane, ho’be abhimana bhara
tai sisya taba, thakiya sarvada, na loibo puja ka’r
amani manada, hoile kirtane, adhikara dibe tumi
tomara carane, niskapate ami, kandiya lutibo bhumi
1) O Vaisnava Thakura! Please give me your mercy – knowledge of my relationship with Bhagavan and the ability to do bhajana, sending my false ego far away.
2) If I think “I am a Vaisnava,” then I will never become humble. My heart will become contaminated with the hope of receiving honor from others, and I will surely go to hell.
3) Give me the mercy that I can renounce the false conception of my being guru and can be your servant. Let me accept without duplicity your remnants and your foot-bath water.
4) By thinking that I am superior (guru) and giving my remnants to others, I will bring about my destruction. Let me always identify as your disciple and not accept any worship or praise from others.
5) In this way I can renounce the desire for honor for myself and can offer respect to others. Weeping sincerely at your lotus feet and rolling on the ground, I pray that you will give me the ability
“O Vaisnava Thakura…” All Vaisnavas are thakura. They are not ordinary persons. Thakura… We therefore address: Bhaktivinoda Thakura, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur. So Vaisnava Prahlada Thakura. So we should always pray, vaisnava thakura, tomara kukkura boliya janaha more. This is There is a song of Bhaktivinoda Thakura: “My dear Vaisnava Thakura, kindly accept me as your dog.” Vaisnava Thakura. As the dog, by the indication of the master, does everything very obedient, we have to learn this lesson from the dog, how to become faithful to the master. That is the instruction. In everything you can learn something. Everyone Therefore maha-bhagavata, they accept everyone as guru, to learn something. Actually, from the dog we can learn this art, how to become faithful at the risk of life even. There are many instances, dog have given the life for the master. So, and we should be dog to the Vaisnava. Chadiya vaisnava-seva, nistara payeche keba”.
Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.7 — Mayapur, February 27, 1977